Thursday 11 June 2015

Ot Ratsaphong

From: Ot Ratsaphong [mailto:ot.ratsaphong@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 29 August 2015 8:31 AM
To: Andrew Byrne
Subject: Re: Some snaps of the Cranbrook mini-reunion 25/8/15
 
Hi Andrew,
 
Thanks for sending the link to the recent dinner reunion.
 
Sorry I couldn't make it to the dinner. I had just returned from an 8 week trip to the U.S. to visit my Mum and sister. I was still finding my feet earlier this week.
 
To bring you up to date with has been happening with me, I have three children: Nick (32) who works as a designer and DJ, Nina (27) who works as a hairdresser in Bondi Junction. She told me one of clients was the head mistress of the Cranbrook primary school (not sure of details). Vasna (13) still in Year 7.
 
While in the U.S. I decided to retire as a Business Analyst and to embark on my new career/adventure as a trader and hedge fund manager. This last week was a bit of a baptism of fire for me but my account has survived.
 
In Chicago I met Karen the "Supertrader", someone who has been a bit of an inspiration for me and someone I never thought that I would ever meet in person (see attached photo). She started with a $10,000 account and now manages a $240 million account (with 120 members in her fund, the legal limit). She also has a separate fund that she set up purely to fund charities that she supports in Africa, Latin America and South East Asia. (You can look up her story on YouTube. She is a real person).
 
This is an excerpt of a talk that she gave at the reunion that I recently attended in Chicago.
 
This is a little story about her and her charity projects.
 
My plan is follow her footsteps and also set up a fund to support various charities and projects. At this stage I am at the very beginning of this long journey. The journey to get to this point has been a long one, but better late than never. The next stage of the journey is going to be fun. I'll let you know of my progress in 12 months time.
 
Anyway, hope to catch up at the next reunion.
 
Best regards,

Ot Ratsaphong 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment